Monday, February 18, 2008

Rules: Condition or Confirmation

The book of Exodus in the Bible sets out rules for our relationship with God. These rules are not a condition for our relationship with God. These rules are a confirmation of our relationship with God which is guaranteed by His grace. We can not earn this relationship by our works and we can not lose this relationship by our behavior. In His grace, God has rescued us from our tendency to make wrong choices. We do not have an invisible fence to keep us on the right path. Therefore, our works, our thoughts, and our behaviors should reflect our thankfulness for His grace and rescue! We are rescued to His family forever! What us your Exodus story? From what situation or part of yourself has the grace of God rescued you?

2 comments:

Cecil said...

Hey Nate this is Cecil and i just wanted to see how you are doing up in the mountains. Anyways i have been very busy with school and have to make a video for a school project. I was fortune enough to get Final Cut Express a Hollywood quality video production software suite. This well let me enhance your video i plan on making man different types and versions of the Africa video and it is the next in the queue. I would love to here from you just give me a call and when i am finished with the movie i will need somewhere to send it. My phone number is 910 512 9991. :)

Nate Stratman said...

Big Cec!!
I am not doing this blog anymore...it Dr. Tinsley.
Email me at nstratman@first-pres.org
or natestratman@gmail.com

word


Dr. T- I enjoy reading your posts!
nate