Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Martin Luther: Dangerous Man for God

"Here I stand; I can do no other. God help me. Amen!”

“Whatever your heart clings to and confides in, that is really your God”

"I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess”

“You are not only responsible for what you say, but also for what you do not say”

“Pray, and let God worry”

“How soon 'not now' becomes 'never'.”

“All who call on God in true faith, earnestly from the heart, will certainly be heard, and will receive what they have asked and desired, although not in the hour or in the measure, or the very thing which they ask. Yet they will obtain something greater and more glorious than they had dared to ask."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to see in the video clip that he almost losses it and battles with the devil. Most of the time you would tink that doing the right thing should be rewrding and not like what he went through. But it is true that doing the right thing is not easy, though we think it show be and also rewarding.

Anonymous said...

What has impressed me most is the quote "you are not only responsible for what you say, but also what you do not say". More often than not, I do not take a stand; I just sit and watch and say nothing when I should act. I go along with the crowd & am a pleaser. I pray that God will give the courage to speak out in truth.